Oven Firmware Updates enhance the operational features and overall functionality of your TurboChef Speedcook Oven. Follow the procedure below to update this information.
NOTE: Performing this update will add recipes to your CookWheel as well as reorganize some of the existing ones. Click here to view and print an updated list of recipes. Items you have saved to “Favorites” will not be affected.
STEP 1: VERIFY CURRENT OVEN SOFTWARE
CAUTION: Downloads below are dependent upon
the software version of your oven. Failure to
load the correct version will cause your oven to
1. Ensure your oven is in off mode.
2. On your oven, press the INFO key.
3. Select Oven Setup.
4. Select Version Information.
5. If your software version reads “1421 Modified,” then your oven is already up to date. Otherwise, note whether your software version begins
with "01" or "02" and back out to the off screen.
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD UPDATE
CAUTION: Never have more than one downloaded
version of software on your USB drive during the
Note for Mac users: After deleting old update files from your USB drive, go to the “Finder” menu and select “Empty Trash.” Doing so will ensure the files are permanently removed; otherwise, the upload will not work.
1. Attach a USB drive to your computer.
2a. If your current oven software version
begins with "1421 Modified," then your oven is already up to date.
2b. If your current oven software version
begins with "02",
click here (updated 02/01/10)
and follow your browser's instructions for downloading the file. Make sure you save or copy the file to your USB drive, but do not attempt to unzip or open the file!
2c. If your current oven software version begins with "01", click here and follow your browser's instructions for downloading the file. Make sure you save or copy the file to your USB drive, but do not attempt to unzip or open the file!
3. Single-click the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon located in the bottom-right corner of your computer screen.
4. Single-click the USB device from the device list that appears. After a few seconds, your computer will inform you that it is now safe to remove the drive.
CAUTION: Failure to perform steps 3 and 4 above prior to removing the USB drive from your computer could cause the firmware update to not work properly.
5. Remove the USB drive from your computer.
NOTE: If you get a message that the device cannot be stopped, try closing all your open programs and file browsers, and then repeat steps 3-5.
STEP 3: LOAD UPDATE TO OVEN
CAUTION: Never perform an update while the
oven is hot and/or the cooling fans are on.
Doing so will disable your oven, resulting in a
service call. If you hear fans running
(typically during and several minutes after
cooking), wait until they turn off. There will
be a distinct change in the oven's noise level.
1. Insert the USB drive into the oven's USB
2. Press the INFO key.
3. Select Oven Setup.
4. Select Update.
5. Follow the directions on the oven's
If you need assistance with this update
process or have questions regarding your oven's
software, call TurboChef Customer Service at
866-44-SERVE, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.
to 5:00 p.m. (CST).