Sesame Crusted Tuna with Field Greens, Papaya, Mango, and Avocados
Cooks in 3.5 Mins
|Conventional ||11 Mins||7 Mins||18 Mins
|TurboChef ||11 Mins||
- 2 ea. of tuna 1¼" to 1½" thick, 6 to 7 oz. ea.
- 2 tbsp. of sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp. of sesame seeds, black
- 2 tbsp. of sesame seed oil, toasted
- 14 to 16 c. of assorted field greens
- 1 ea. of fresh papaya, peeled and diced into 1" pieces
- 1 ea. of fresh mango, peeled and diced into 1" pieces
- ½ ea. of red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ c. of snow peas cut into thirds
- 1 ea. of avocados sliced
- ¼ c. of fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 oz. of Cilantro Soy Vinaigrette (or your favorite dressing for tuna)
- Cilantro Soy Vinaigrette
- 1/3 c. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ c. of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 2/3 c. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, minced
Turn Turbochef oven on and under ‘Bake on the cook wheel, select ‘COOKBOOK’ then under Cookbook, select ‘Sesame Crusted Tuna’’. Press ‘START’ to begin the preheat cycle.
Spray grill pan with oil spray and put into the oven to heat. In a large mixing bowl place field greens. Peel and cut papaya, mango, red onion, avocado and snow peas. Place all except three to four pieces each of papaya and mango in mixing bowl. Add the cilantro leaves. Brush each piece of tuna with sesame oil and press into a mixture of toasted and black sesame seeds. Remove grill pan from the oven and place tuna on the hot grill pan. Use gloves as the pan will be very hot. Place the pan into the oven.
Press ‘START’ again and bake under ‘Sesame Crusted Tuna’ for 3 1/2 minutes. Toss the field greens with cilantro soy vinaigrette. Place greens on a plate and top each salad with the remaining mango and papaya pieces. When tuna is done, slice and place along edge of salad and drizzle each serving of tuna with 1 tsp of the dressing.
In a blender container, add soy sauce, lemon zest, ginger, rice wine vinegar and honey. Blend 30 seconds and then slowly drizzle olive oil into the container until blended and slightly thickened. Add cilantro.