- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
You can keep up with
TurboChef by subscribing
to our RSS 2.0 Feed.
« Drawing a Crowd at K/BIS | Main | K/BIS Recipes: Part 2 »
By Brian Pember | May 5, 2008
As promised, we're sharing a couple of the recipes we prepared with Chef Waxman at K/BIS. These are easy, fresh and take only minutes to prepare and cook – making them perfect for a meal on any night of the week. Enjoy.
Pizza with Bacon, Parmesan, Scallions & Tomato
1 frozen 10" pizza crust
Note: Chef Waxman prepared his own crusts then froze them. You can prepare this doing the same thing, using store-bought crusts, or using fresh dough. Simply adjust your oven settings accordingly.
2 cups halved grape tomatoes
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
8 ounces Applegate organic bacon, sliced
¾ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Using your Cookwheel, Select Bake > Pizza > Frozen > Combo. Press “start” to preheat.
2. Roll frozen dough into a 10-inch round and place on metal sheet pan.
3. Press bacon gently into surface of the dough, distributing evenly.
4. In a large bowl toss the tomatoes and onion together. Drizzle with a tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Distribute tomatoes evenly to the edge of crust in a single layer. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and cracked black pepper, to taste. Brush the edge of dough with olive oil.
5. Place pizza in the oven and allow to bake 3 minutes. Scroll to "Cook and Brown More" if desired for a slightly darker bottom and crust.
You can find more great recipes like this in Chef Waxman's cookbook, available here.